Baseball Coaching: 5 Great Coaching Tips – Do Practice Write!
Tip #1 - Have a practice plan. Organize your practices.
- Organize your practice into sessions or time periods. Start on time and finish on time. Stick to these times. Have your times down to exact minutes or half minutes and detailed to utilize ever minute of your practice.
- Have the attitude that "PRACTICE TIME IS EXTREMELY VALUABLE"! It is not to be wasted!
- Never huddle or use practice time to have coaching meetings or discussions. Have a meeting after or before practice for that purpose to plan your practices.
- You may want one of your assistant coaches to be the "Timer". Each time a time slot gets down to 1 minute, the coach will let you know. When the drill time segment is over, the drill should end immediately. The next planned practice activity should begin.
- If equipment is needed for a drill, have it out and readily available. Do not waste valuable practice time, setting up equipment. Use different parts of the field to do various practice activities. Set all equipment up before practice begins. Take all practice equipment down after practice. Have a grat day! Nick